Monday, September 13, 2004

I'm the music guy, so I should probably do something about it

Culturally, and with regard to the internet, this link is about 200 years old. Regardless, I still think it's interesting.

If you hate pop music, as I do, and if you love musical innovation, as I do, then I think you may like mashing. And this guy is my favorite. He takes pop music that would otherwise drive you insane, and pairs it with classic rock, or other pop songs. His best mashup, which is unfortunately no longer available on his site, is "Sexual High," where he layers Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" over Radiohead's "High and Dry." I couldn't figure out which song I was listening to, but both were great. Go here, click on "Samples" and download everything he has up. Then delete it from your hard drive unless you already own the songs that he used to make the song. Nevermind, just delete it all together. You should, for no reason, keep these songs in your ipod and listen to them regularly.

If this all sounds familiar to you, you may be thinking of the Grey Album.

If some of GHP's stuff tickles your fancy, you should also check DJ Dangermouse, MCSLEAZY, and Frenchbloke & Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home