Thursday, November 04, 2004

Optimism from a suicidally depressed person

This is incredibly depressing. I haven't done any work in three days. I don't sleep very well, and I eat just because I know I probably should.

I also am stunned. I also am heavily inclined to lay down and die to avoid the embarassment of the next four years. But then, every once in a while, I am wrong about a few things. I have predicted, and still fear, incredible tragedy as a result of the current regime (which will get worse now that it feels it has a mandate, and the "adults" are going to leave -- bye Colin Powell. Why couldn't you have run in 2000?). If anything though, when the disaster befalls, this place is going to need us to help pick up the pieces. I would be lying if I said I hadn't looked into canadian citizenship, or australian citizenship, but there is also the possibility, however slim, that I am wrong and that things will work out. Again, they are likely to need the voice of the 48% of us losers to make sure that any such possibility is realized.

Coming from me that's pretty strong stuff: I didn't like high school so I left... three times. I didn't like the college I was in, so I transferred. I didn't like my first two jobs, so I left each of them. I don't like where my country is going, but I'm probably staying, because I can do more good in my suffering than I can in fleeing.

I'm amused by all the talk of "healing." Coming from a guy whose entire campaign was about attacking the other guy and scaring the shit out of people, and usually immediately preceding a suggestion that it's the other side's job to make concessions, this promises to be a historic debacle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home